Zoom B2 FOUR
JAM PACKED WITH EFFECTS
Build patches from 104 effects, including models of famous boutique effects and preamps. Mix and match up to 5 effects and amps simultaneously to build your own custom patches.
BUILT FOR LIVE PERFORMANCE
When you need to plug directly into the house PA, the B2 FOUR has you covered. It features six DI models that recreate the tone of world-class direct boxes:
- Tube 1 for rich harmonics and thick low frequencies.
- Tube 2 for a clear attack and tight low frequencies.
- Tube 3 for a clear and glossy sound.
- Solid State 1 for moderate compression and sharp tones.
- Solid State 2 for a clear tone and little distortion.
- Solid State 3 for elevated mids and low treble to replicate the Motown sound.
RICH AMP AND CABINET MODELS
Each amp model is built with Zoom’s innovative Multi-Layer IR’s, to recreate the tonal characteristics of playing through classic amps and cabinets. The impulse responses were captured from cabinets at 3 different levels and are activated based on the volume of your bass.
HISTORIC BASS SOUNDS
Preloaded with 250 presets, these patches are designed to give bassists the ability to recreate the sound of popular songs from the 50’s to today.
NAVIGATE AND CREATE
The 4 rotary encoders allow for quick adjustments to effects parameters as well as output settings. The cross key navigation buttons help you control the pedal with ease.
LOOP AND GROOVE
Jam and rehearse with B2 FOUR. The 60-second built-in looper allows you to build grooves, while the 68 beats from the on-board rhythm machine are the perfect companion for practice.
INPUT AND OUTPUT OPTIONS
A balanced output helps you connect directly to a PA or interface, while the stereo outputs can connect to an amp. The instrument input has a switch to change the impedance from 1M to 10M ohms, giving you a cleaner tone for upright basses equipped with piezo pickups.
Use as a 2-in/ 2-out audio interface to connect the B2 FOUR to a computer or smartphone with your favorite effects and amp models.
HANDY GUITAR LAB FOR B2 FOUR
With an expanding library of patches and effects, bassists can continue to expand their sound with the Handy Guitar Lap for B2 FOUR app (for iOS), available to purchase on the Apple App Store.
LEGENDARY ZOOM SOUND
The B2 FOUR features classic and originally designed amp, preamp, and effect models.
- Sun CB - Features clean bass and bright high frequencies.
- Monotone - A solid-state combo amp perfect for jazz, featuring a round low-mid range with a calm overall tone.
- Clear Drive - This original ZOOM Clear DRV preamp uses a linear phase filter in the distortion path. As a result, phase interference is eliminated during dry mixing, providing a clear drive.
- Super Low Preamp -. A ZOOM original preamp for super low sound. Using “missing fundamental” acoustic science, SpLoPre is equipped with a bass enhancer, which emphasizes the low end of every note. With a Lo EQ and a negative one octave sound, a super low-end tone is produced.
- Djent Preamp - An original ZOOM preamp recommended for Djent sounds. This preamp combines an undistorted low-end with a strongly distorted high-end to provide a crisp, intense distortion even with a down-tuned 5-string bass.
- 1073 Preamp - A thick, warm sound of a vintage mic preamp with transformer distortion.
- Solid Preamp - Modeled after a console’s solid state mic preamp, the SolidPre delivers tight sounding harmonics with the ultra-low frequencies cut out.
- Bass Analog Octave - ZOOM's original octaver using an algorithm based on the operating principle of analog octavers.
- Bass Standard Synth - ZOOM’s original bass synthesizer sound with adjustable filtering detail.
- Bass Synth Talk - This effect produces a synthesizer sound similar to a talking modulator.
- Maximum number of simultaneous effects: 5
- User patch memories: 300
- A/D conversion: 24-bit 128× oversampling
- D/A conversion: 24-bit 128× oversampling
- Signal processing: 32-bit
- Display: 256×128 dot-matrix LCD
- Standard mono phone jack
- Rated input level: −20 dBu
- Input impedance (line): 1 or 10 MΩ (switchable)
- Stereo mini jack
- Rated input level: −10 dBu
- Input impedance (line): 10 kΩ
- Standard mono phone jacks
- Maximum output level: +11.4 dBu (when output impedance 10 kΩ or higher)
- XLR jack
- Impedance: 100 Ω (HOT-GND, COLD-GND)/200 Ω (HOTCOLD)
- GND LIFT (switchable)
- PHONES: Stereo mini jack
- Maximum output power: 33 mW + 33 mW (into 32Ω load)
- Input S/N: 124 dB
- Noise floor (residual noise):
- LEFT/RIGHT: –96.0 dBu
- BALANCED OUTPUT –100.0 dBu
- PHONES –96.0 dBu
- Control input: FP02M input
- Power - AC adapter: 9V DC 500mA center negative (ZOOM AD-16)
- USB 2.0 Type-C port (use cable that supports Type-C)
- Handy Guitar Lab: USB 1.1 Full Speed
- Audio interface: USB 2.0 Full Speed, 32-bit, 2-in/2-out
- • Use a USB cable that supports data transfer. USB bus power is supported.
- Dimensions: 146 mm (D) × 249 mm (W) × 72 mm (H)
- Weight: 906 g
- Note: 0 dBu = 0.775 V