KHDK No. 1
Powered by KHDK's original circuit, the No.1 is designed in the spirit of an overdriven tube amp. Turn the No.1 on and you'll feel like you've switched to a powerful distortion channel on a tube amp.
- GAIN controls the unity gain of the circuit.
- VOLUME controls the overall output volume of the No. 1.
- The HI/LO switch is tied directly into the gain. The lo setting offers a warm, tube-like boost and a subtle crunchy overdrive, great for rhythm playing. The hi setting adds saturation, sustain, low end and compression. This setting is recommended for a more powerful rhythm or soloing.
- BASS controls the bass and lower mid-frequency gain. The bass is tied into the gain, making it a secondary gain control and enhancing your low end.
- TREBLE control is a passive, natural sounding low-pass filter. It cuts high end and offers a wide frequency range. Turned clockwise, it becomes raw, aggressive and cuts through. Turned counterclockwise, it cuts highs for a more mellow and warm tone.
- FOOTSWITCH engages your No. 1 to “on” or True bypass mode.
The KHDK No.1 Overdrive is powered by a single 9V battery. You can access the battery connection by unscrewing the bottom plate of the pedal enclosure. Alternatively, plug in an external 9V DC (center negative) power supply.
- Bypass mode: True Bypass
- Dimensions: 120 x 65 x 40 mm deep (Width x Depth x Height)
- Input Connector: Type Standard ¼” jack – mono/TS
- Output Connector: Type Standard ¼” jack – mono/TS
- Power Input: Standard 9V Battery or 9V DC (center negative) power supply.