Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-Zi
Cloudlifter Mic Activators are used by thousands of professionals all over the world to improve the quality of their microphone’s sound. The Cloudlifter Zi incorporates this patented technology and variable impedance control into an active DI for guitar players, bass players, keyboard players and more.
The CL-Zi provides up to +25dB of ultra-clean gain for XLR microphones and Lo-Z sources and up to +15dB for 1/4” instruments and other Hi-Z sources, via the Neutrik combination dual-input connector and Hi-Z to Lo-Z CineMag instrument transformer. The Cloudlifter Zi maximizes the instrument or microphone’s signal strength and clarity and lowers the noise floor and amount of gain required from the preamp. The premium CineMag transformer, encased in MU metal for optimal shielding, brings out the natural beauty and character of your instrument, while lowering the impedance to mate perfectly with the Cloudlifter’s patented Vari-Z interface and phantom-powered gain circuit. By allowing your preamps to operate in a more comfortable gain range, the natural frequency response of the microphone or instrument remains intact and the self-noise of the preamp is drastically reduced.
- Fully Sweepable Vari-Z Loading from 150ohms to 15kohms
- Continuously Variable High-Pass Filtering @ -6dB per octave
- Three Gain Settings Yield up to +25dB, 12dB, or 6dB with Mics and +15dB, 6dB, or 3dB with Instruments
- Improves Microphone Gain Before Feedback Ratio in Live & Public Address Applications
- Easy to Use Self-Contained Design Requires Only Phantom Power
- Compatible with 1/4” Hi-Z Instrument Inputs and XLR Lo-Z Microphones via the Neutrik Combo Input Connector
- Protects any Passive Ribbon Microphone with No Transfer of Phantom Power
- Uses Patented Class A, Discrete JFET Circuitry and Patented Vari-Z User Interface
- Rugged, Road-Ready, and Portable for Studio, Stage, and Broadcasting
- Manufactured and Fabricated Responsibly in the USA