The Miktek C5 pencil condenser provides discerning engineers with a valuable new tool for the critical recording of acoustic instruments. The C5, fitted with our MK5a, 0.5-inch cardioid capsule, produces a super-linear, full-bodied response. The capsule employs a 5-micron tensioned Mylar diaphragm, on which a 0.5-micron layer of evaporated gold is applied. Tight tolerances and special attention to precise machining of the backplate, and acoustical porting, produces an off-axis response that ensures the accuracy of the microphone. Also included is the MK5b omnidirectional capsule in the C5 and the MK5bMP (matched pair) omni capsules in the C5MP kit.
- Small Diaphragm Cardioid Pencil Condenser
- MK5a 0.5-inch Cardioid Capsule with 5-micron Mylar, Evaporated Gold Diaphragm
- MK5b Omni Capsule included
- AMI T5 Transformer
- Hand-selected Transistors
- Individual serialized Frequency Response Graph
- Shipped as a stereo matched pair with wood Presentation Case with Mic Clips, Shock-mounts, Windscreens, Stereo Bar Set, in a rugged aluminum carrying case