We are proud to introduce the all-new Eventide Blackhole reverb pedal. In its earliest incarnation – first in the DSP4000 and later in the H8000 flagship processors – this famous Eventide effect was regarded, by some, as a secret weapon.
Now it has been finally possible to imprison the unbelievable power of the Blackhole into a sturdy metal housing! Blackhole offers five presets that can be called up directly via footswitch, and a total of 127 presets can be loaded via MIDI or the Eventide Device Manager software. Two different Infinite Reverb types are available, which can be modulated to infinity. Unlike other reverb pedals that arrange modulations partly before or after reverb generation, the modulation possibilities of Blackhole are directly integrated into the structure of the reverb.
6 knobs, 2 footswitches, connection possibilities for footswitch or expression pedal as well as MIDI functionality via TRS or USB allow for extensive real-time modulations. The robust metal housing withstands even the hardest touring conditions and since the input can be switched from mono to stereo and the outputs from guitar to line level, Blackhole can be integrated in every studio or synthesizer setup.
- Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software
- Control the Size of your space from a cartoonishly small room to a limitless universe
- Use PreDelay to offset the onset of the reverb
- Turn up Feedback to go beyond the event horizon
- Fine-tune your tone with Lo, Hi and Q (resonance) controls. Use the tone controls to add airiness or clear up the low-end. Map the EQ controls to an expression pedal to add movement to the reverb tail
- Tap the Freeze Footsiwtch to instantly ‚freeze‘ your sound
- Dual action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary
- Rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch for selecting use with guitar, synths, FX loop or DAW interface
- Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal
- Use a single Aux switch to Tap Tempo or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load)
- MIDI capability over TRS (use with a MIDI to TRS cable or converter box)
- Multiple Bypass options: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX or Kill dry
- Catch-up mode helps dial in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters
- Eventide Device Manager PC or Mac application for software updates, system settings and creating/saving presets
- Unique Gravity control to custom-tailor the reverb tail in two realms — normal or inverse decay.
- Create interesting swells or suck the dry signal back into the reverb tail. At longer decay times, Blackhole
- allows the articulation to shine through without competing with the reverb tail
- Input: 1/4″ TRS / Mono = Tip, Stereo = Tip & Ring
- Out 1: 1/4″ TS Mono / Mono Output
- Out 2: 1/4″ TS Mono / Stereo Output
- EXP: 1/4″ TRS / Expression pedal, Aux Switch or MIDI I/O
- Mono/Stereo Switch: Sets Input to Mono (Tip) or Stereo (Tip + Ring)
- Guitar/Line Level Switch: Optimizes internal gain structure
- Mini USB: Software updates, MIDI I/O
- DC Input Jack: 5.5mm / 2/.1mm plug / Center Negative (-)