We are proud to announce the all new Kurzweil SP6, in production and available this Autumn. This new model is a step ahead of the competition as a superior instrument not only excellent for pianists at home or in rehearsal, but also purpose built for professional use on stage with supreme sound, premium construction, customizable libraries, and portable design.
The Kurzweil SP6 is the New Entry Level Professional Stage Piano
The SP6 is an advanced stage piano built to dominate. It provides several high definition pianos with acoustic modelling features, VAST Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology, and Kurzweil VA1 analog synth modelling and DSP processing. Furthermore, the SP6 uses KB3 ToneReal physical modeling to generate famous organ sounds modeled after Hammond, Vox, and Farfisa organs with real-time performance controls. An 11 second start-up, zero loading time thanks to 2 GB of flash memory, and an excellent total instrument weight of 12,36 kg make this a full-fledged performance instrument.
This stage piano delivers a new Medeli keyboard with 88 fully-weighted hammer action keys. As Kurzweil has long been known for, extra special attention has been given to features for pianists including multiple exquisitely detailed piano models, support for half pedaling, sostenuto, damper noise, 10 selectable key velocity maps, and advanced string resonance modeling.
The new SP6 is in-line with much of the architecture both from the famous PC3 series and flagship Forte – the king of stage combos – including support for many advanced KORE 64 and VAST based sounds and is capable of importing or saving over 1000 custom user programs besides the 256 factory presets. With the help of the all-new Kurzweil software editor, this instrument’s design gives owners of the SP6 the possibility to create a huge library in their own style with personalized sounds sourced from material from thousands of renowned and masterfully refined keyboard programs.
This instrument is also designed with modern music performance in mind, as is embodied by the subtle futuristic shape and brushed metal front plating. The SP6 has 4 sturdy multifunctional knobs which access different parameters by switching between 3 rows of assignments. Use the knobs to adjust a volume envelope, filter frequency and resonance, plus hundreds of complex effect chains and access to 32 individual effect units which are individually adjustable and controlled in real time.
- 88 fully weighted hammer action Medeli keys with 10 selectable key velocity maps
- German D 9′ Grand Piano, High Definition Japanese C7 Grand, Triple Strike Piano
- String resonance modeling, half pedal, damper, and sostenuto support
- 10 Categories of programs including Strings, Brass, Voices, Synth, Bass, Drums, and more
- KB3 organ modeling for Hammond, Vox, and Farfisa style organs with live controls
- Advanced VAST and VA1 synthesis technology and DSP processing
- 2 GB flash memory for instantaneous loading
- Holds 1024 user programs and multis with support for Forte and PC3 sounds
- Contains 256 masterfully crafted factory default programs and 130 multis
- 4 high quality knobs with three rows of virtual assignments for real time adjustments
- Pitch bend, modulation wheel, arpeggiator, transpose, MIDI via USB
- 5 assignable favorite buttons for one-touch program changes
- 32 individual FX units plus hundreds of complex effect chains
- SP6 Program Editor Software for OS X, Windows, and iOS
- Gig-friendly 12.36 kg total weight, attractive brushed metal front plating
For further information, visit our Kurzweil SP6 product page.