Focal is proud to unveil the Shape Twin active studio monitors. One year after the launch of Shape 40, 50 and 65 monitors, Focal is expanding its monitoring range with the line’s new benchmark product: Shape Twin. This standard bearer of the Shape series features two passive radiators, woofers equipped with a new Flax cone, and the latest ‚M’-shaped Aluminum/Magnesium inverted dome tweeter.
Shape Twin is made in France, just like Shape 40, 50 and 65. Designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring, these monitors combine an ingenuous design and numerous settings optimised for the acoustics of small listening rooms. Shape Twin stands out through its excellent rendering over the whole audio spectrum, its broad frequency response in the low end, and its high SPL considering its size. The compact design makes it easy to integrate even into the most cramped of rooms. Finally, its 2.5-way design gives it a decisive advantage when it comes to controlling the bass and lower mid-range registers which are the hardest to control in small rooms.
- Tweeter with very low directivity for a flexible sweet spot
- Designed without a port (double passive radiator) allowing it to be placed near a wall
- 2.5 channels to provide optimal control of bass and low mid-range registers
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control, even in the very high frequencies
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range registers
- Fastening mechanisms for mounting to the ceiling or a wall (fastening accessories not supplied)